OpenShift is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD).
- Install an OpenShift Container Platform cluster
- Configure and manage masters and nodes
- Secure OpenShift
- Control access to resources on OpenShift
- Monitor and collect metrics on OpenShift
- Deploy applications on OpenShift Platform Container using Source-to-Image (S2I)
- Manage storage on OpenShift
This course is designed for system administrators, system architects, and developers who want to install and configure Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
An Understanding of the ITIL Foundation course
- Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- List the features and describe the architecture of the Openshift Container Platform.
- Install OpenShift Container Platform
- Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
- Explore OpenShift networking concepts
- Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
- Execute commands
- Execute commands using the command-line interface.
- Manage OpenShift resources
- Control access to OpenShift resources.
- Allocate persistent storage
- Implement persistent storage.
- Manage application deployments
- Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
- Metrics subsystem
- Install and configure the metrics-gathering system.
- Manage and monitor
- Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: High Availability (DO380)