This training is designed for customers who have implemented Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 or Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1. Expert Oracle our experienced instructors will help you explore fundamental concepts and implementation considerations of Oracle Asset Management. This course will give you the ability to leverage Oracle Assets to help your enterprise lower administrative costs by streamlining data management. You'll be able to explain the asset management process from Asset Data Flow to the General Ledger, plan an asset management implementation and implement Oracle Assets.
You will learn how to:
- Describe adjustment transactions and how to use the physical inventory feature.
- Describe the Oracle Assets depreciation process.
- Explain asset retirements and the proper recording of accounting transactions, including running the Calculate Gains and Losses program and reinstatements of retired assets.
- Describe the asset financial information and transaction history inquiry process.
- Describe the key asset management reports and explain the use of the different reporting tools, including Web ADI and XML Publisher.
- Describe the tax accounting process, including creating a tax book, adding assets to the tax book using Initial Mass Copy and Periodic Mass Copy, and adding assets manually, Identify the key implementation issues regarding Oracle Asset Management fundamental topics.
- Describe the overall Asset Management process from setup through asset data flow to the General Ledger.
- Describe the Oracle Assets setup steps.
- Describe the three types of asset books – corporate, tax and budget; the setup options; and the use and process flow of the Security by Book feature.
- Explain the Oracle Assets accounting process.
- Identify the key functional areas that are part of Oracle Asset Management.
- Explain how to define asset categories.
- Discuss the requirements for adding assets manually, including the required fields, descriptive details, depreciation rules, and assignments.
- Explain the mass additions process.
- Explain how to add CIP assets manually, via mass additions and through Capital Projects.
- Overview of Oracle Asset Management
- Asset Controls Setup
- Asset Books
- Asset Categories
- Manual Asset Additions
- Mass Asset Additions
- CIP Asset Additions
- Asset Adjustments and Maintenance
- Asset Retirements
- Asset Accounting
- Asset Inquiry and Reporting
- Tax Accounting
This course prepares you for the following certifications:
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12 Financial Management Certified Implementation Specialist : Oracle General Ledger Certification