This course focuses on the importance of the strategic aspect of services within the IT service lifecycle. It provides the specific knowledge and techniques to help you demonstrate that you understand the risks and success factors and have the skills to develop and progress strategy within an organization or programme. The course covers management and control of activities and techniques that are documented in the ITIL Service Strategy publication, but it does not provide the full detail of each supporting process. Adopting service strategy techniques and principles can help organizations ensure that their IT teams are aligned with the business as a whole and are not just focused on technical concerns. This can enable better communication within an organization resulting in smoother and swifter development of new or updated products and services. As an individual you will be able to understand the relationship between the IT and general aspects of your work and to appreciate how the ITIL best practice framework can help you work more efficiently.
Understanding of the ITIL Foundation course
- Introduction to service strategy
- Service strategy principles
- Service strategy processes
- Organizing for service strategy
- Technology considerations
- Implementing service strategy
- Service strategy challenges, critical success factors and risks
You will learn how to:
- Analyze principles, techniques, and relationships to create SS
- Identify the purpose, scope, and objective of each SS process
- Assess IT governance to set strategy, and leverage governance frameworks and bodies
- Determine IT application opportunities
- The ability to recall, recite, name, and understand the meaning of ITIL terminology and basic practice fundamentals.
- The ability to use the practices and concepts in a situation or unprompted use of an abstraction.
- The ability to create patterns or structure from composite elements to achieve a new meaning or outcome.
This course prepares you for the following Certification:
- ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy certificate