This is very wide and comprehensive course that cover detailed and practical aspect of cyber security. Numerous fields of attacks and their preventives measures have been covered as listed below in the modules.
- Must have done Linux
- Should have done certificate course in cyber security
- Have programming skills
- Should have networking skills
- Introduction to cyber security, cyber space and information security – This module will provide in depth understanding on some of the technical terms in respect to cyber security, cyber space and information security.
- Server security – The tools and processes for protecting valuable data and assets held on an organization’s servers are discussed in this module.
- Data and information security – Information is one of the vital assets in an organization and hence the need to be conversant with the policies which should be put in place to ensure security and continued flow of information. The aspect of cryptography is very fundamental and it will be addressed in depth in this module.
- Understanding network, types and its security – Hackers are always crisscrossing looking for any vulnerable network so as to take that opportunity and assess other resources in an organization hence the need to learn the different ways to keep your network safe and mitigate the risks associated with hackers.
- Network protocols and internet security – In networking, protocols are very crucial since they aid in communication between different devices over the internet. Hence the need for all ethical hackers to understand the available protocols which they can use in their penetration testing.
- Vulnerability analysis – Any ethical hacker should have vulnerability testing and analysis skills and hence this module addresses the different ways of performing vulnerability testing. There are different available tools as discussed later in this course.
- Penetration testing – Upon finding weaknesses via vulnerability analysis, the next must have skill as an ethical hacker is penetration testing skills. This enables you to try exploiting the vulnerable system so as to get access to it.
- Cyber-attacks – Cybercriminals are always launching attacks using computers and networks. These attacks target user data such as phishing attacks so that that data can be used for further attacks. This module will practically explain how these attacks do occur and how to prevent these attacks.
- Understanding the cyber laws – Any crime done on the cyber space is punishable hence the need to learn about some of the available cyber laws which govern how we interact with the internet.
- Cyber forensics – To prosecute a cybercriminal, you need to perform a cyber forensic on the device used on the crime site. This creates a need to learn on the available ways of performing the forensic so as to obtain the evidence which can be used in court.
At the end of a successful completion of the course the student is able to take advanced ethical hacking course.