Red Hat Certified Specialist in Edge Computing and Networking exam (EX310)
This course tests your ability to configure advanced networking in a director-based Red Hat OpenStack environment.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack version 10.
Audience for this exam
These audiences may be interested in becoming an RHCE in Red Hat OpenStack:
- Experienced OpenStack system administrators responsible for the planning or deployment of Red Hat OpenStack
- Experienced OpenStack system administrators who want to demonstrate their capability in network functions virtualization (NFV)
- An RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack interested in earning an RHCE in Red Hat OpenStack credential
- An RHCE interested in earning a Red Hat Certified Specialist or RHCSA credential
Prerequisites for this exam
- Red Hat Certified Engineer or demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack is required
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack exam to consider taking Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110), Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210), and Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Distributed Architecture and Scaling For Edge Computing (CL310) to help prepare. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of one’s preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat’s products are available. Red Hat does not officially endorse any as preparation guides for its exam. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Distributed Architecture and Scaling For Edge Computing (CL310)