This hands on C++ training course presents a thorough introduction to object-oriented programming in C++ for experienced C programmers. The central concepts of C++ syntax and style are taught in the context of using object-oriented methods to achieve reusability, adaptability and reliability. Emphasis is placed on the features of C++ that support abstract data types, inheritance, and polymorphism. Students will learn to apply the process of data abstraction and class design. Practical aspects of C++ programming including efficiency, performance, testing, and reliability considerations are stressed throughout. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
You will learn how to;
- Writing procedural programs using C++
- Using private, public and protected keywords to control access to class members
- Defining a class in C++
- Writing constructors and destructors
- Writing classes with const and static class members
- Overloading operators
- Implementing polymorphic methods in programs
- Writing programs using file I/O and string streams
- Using manipulators and stream flags to format output
- Using the keyword template to write generic functions and classes
- Writing programs that use generic classes and functions
- Writing programs that use algorithms and containers of the Standard Library
- Using algorithms and containers of the Standard Library to manipulate string data
- Using try() blocks to trap exceptions
- Using catch() blocks to handle exceptions
- Defining exceptions and using throw to trigger them
- Prior programming experience with C.
- This course is ideal for those who do not have enough programming background or already have Java background only.
What next after this course?
- Upon succesful completion of the training, you will be issued with; C++ certification