UNIX and Linux Essentials
This UNIX and Linux Essentials course is designed for users and administrators who are new to the Oracle Linux and Oracle Solaris operating systems. This training will help you develop the basic UNIX skills needed to interact comfortably and confidently with the operating system. You will learn how to connect to Linux, execute common Linux commands, how to start and stop servers in Linux and how to use VI editor.
- Introduction to UNIX and Linux Environments
- Working with Files and Directories
- Using the vim Editor
- Using Features within the Bash Shell
- Using Basic File Permissions
- Performing Basic Process Control
- Using Advanced Shell Features in Shell Scripts
- Archiving, Compressing and Performing Remote file Transfer
- Oracle Cloud Computing
- Basic networking concepts
- General knowledge about Operating system
You will learn how to:
- Manage processes
- Use advanced shell features in shell scripts
- Archive files and perform remote file transfer
- Use commands within the default shell
- View and modify file and directory permissions
- Describe the UNIX and Linux operating system
- Work with files and directories
- Use the vim editor to create and modify files
- This course will prepare you for the Oracle Certified Administrator Certification
At Institute of Software Technologies, we have flexible training schedule that suit your availability.
You can choose from the following available options:
- Day Classes: 9am-11am.
- Evening Class: 6pm-8pm.
- Saturday classes: 9am-4pm.
- Next Available Class.
FLY me a trainer
We have conducted onsite trainings for corporate clients all over the world including in over 100 companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Somalia, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Zanzibar, Malawi, Mozambique, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, just to mention a few. References can be provided on request.
Fly me a Trainer is no different from classroom training, since it consists of the same setup. The only difference is that the trainer travels instead of the participants.