System Administration III With RHCSA & RHCE
Red Hat® System Administration III (RH254), related to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, is designed for experienced Linux system administrators who hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) certification or equivalent skills and who want to broaden their ability to administer Linux systems at an enterprise level.
The course is focused on deploying and managing network servers running caching Domain Name Service (DNS), MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB), iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations, and the use of Bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Through lectures and hands-on labs, students who have already earned the RHCSA certification will be exposed to all competencies covered by the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX300).
Note: This course does not cover all RHCSA tasks. Students who need a review of RHCSA skills are encouraged to attend RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199).
This version of the course includes the RHCSA and RHCE exams.
- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA certification, confirmation of the correct skills and knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
- Red Hat Certified System Administration exam (EX200)
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
- Red Hat System Administration III with exam (RH255)
- Red Hat Performance Tuning (RH442)
- Red Hat Server Hardening (RH413)
Use yum plug-ins to manage packages; understand the design of packages; build a simple package.
Course Duration – Full Time: The course lasts 5 days.
Course Duration – Part Time: The course lasts 1 month.