System Administration I
Red Hat System Administration I provides a foundation for students wishing to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise-level tools. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134).
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial.
Recommended next exam or course : Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) or Red Hat System Administration II with RHCSA exam (RH135)
This course relates to Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.
Course Duration – Full Time: The course lasts 5 days.
Course Duration – Part Time: The course lasts 1 month.