Oracle Reports Developer 10g: Build Reports
This course introduces the student on how to build complex and sophisticated reports from any data source, in any format, using Oracle Reports Developer. You will learn to deploy the reports using OracleAS Reports Services.
Working in the declarative environment of Reports Builder, you will learn how to retrieve, display, and format data from any data source in numerous reporting styles and publish the output to any destination.
In addition, you will learn how to add dynamic content to a static Web page and publish reports to the Web and how to customize more complex reports, embed graphical charts, and use OracleAS Reports Services to deploy the reports.
- Introduction to Oracle Reports Developer
- Designing and Running Reports
- Exploring Oracle Reports Developer
- Creating a Paper Report
- Enhancing a Basic Paper Report
- Managing Report Templates
- Creating a Web Report
- Enhancing Reports Using the Data Model: Queries and Groups
- Enhancing Reports Using the Data Model: Data Sources
- Enhancing Reports Using the Data Model: Creating Columns
- Enhancing Reports Using the Paper Layout
- Controlling the Paper Layout: Common Properties
- Controlling the Paper Layout: Specific Properties
- Web Reporting
- Extending Functionality Using XML
- Creating and Using Report Parameters
- Embedding a Graph in a Report
- Enhancing Matrix Reports
- Coding PL/SQL Triggers
- Extending Functionality Using the SRW Package
- Maximizing Performance Using OracleAS Reports Services
- Building Reports: Efficiency Guidelines
- Introduction to SQL
- Program with PL/SQL
- XML: Introduction or equivalent familiarity with basic XML
What you will learn:
- Use report parameters and customize a runtime parameter form
- Enhance reports using graphs and PL/SQL trigger code
- Maximize report performance using OracleAS Reports Services and tune reports
- Publish a report on the Web and build reports to run in various languages
- Manage report templates, create mailing labels and letters
- Identify the main components in a report document and how they are related
- Identify the differences between Web and paper reports
- Identify standard report design styles and run existing reports to various output destinations
- Create and modify basic tabular reports and high quality Web reports
- Create other report styles such as break reports and matrix reports
- Create reports by accessing data from various data sources
- Add dynamic data to an existing HTML page
This course prepares you for the following certifications:
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate Certification
At Institute of Software Technologies, we have flexible training schedule that suit your availability.
You can choose from the following available options:
- Day Classes: 9am-11am.
- Evening Class: 6pm-8pm.
- Saturday classes: 9am-4pm.
- Next Available Class.
FLY me a trainer
We have conducted onsite trainings for corporate clients all over the world including in over 100 companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Somalia, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Zanzibar, Malawi, Mozambique, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, just to mention a few. References can be provided on request.
Fly me a Trainer is no different from classroom training, since it consists of the same setup. The only difference is that the trainer travels instead of the participants.