Oracle Database 12c: Backup & Recovery Workshop
In this Oracle Database 12c R2: Backup and Recovery Workshop, students learn how to perform backup and recovery based on the related Oracle Database architecture components. Various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios are provided so that students learn to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures.
- Getting Started
- Configuring for Recoverability
- Using the Fast Recovery Area (FRA)
- Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Performing Backups
- Improving Your Backups
- Using RMAN-Encrypted Backups
- Diagnosing Failures
- Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Performing Recovery, Part I
- Performing Recovery, Part II
- RMAN and Oracle Secure Backup
- Using Flashback Technologies
- Using Flashback Database
- Transporting Data
- Performing Point-in-Time Recovery
- Duplicating a Database
- RMAN Troubleshooting and Tuning
- Cloud Tooling for Backup and Recovery
- Backup and Recovery Workshop
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 12c
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL (for DBA use)
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Install and Upgrade Workshop
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop
You will learn how to:
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery
- Configure the database for recoverability
- Describe Cloud Tooling for Backup and Recovery
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure
This course prepares you for the following certifications:
- Oracle Certified Profession (OCP) – (Database Admin)
At Institute of Software Technologies, we have flexible training schedule that suit your availability.
You can choose from the following available options:
- Day Classes: 9am-11am.
- Evening Class: 6pm-8pm.
- Saturday classes: 9am-4pm.
- Next Available Class.
FLY me a trainer
We have conducted onsite trainings for corporate clients all over the world including in over 100 companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Somalia, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Zanzibar, Malawi, Mozambique, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, just to mention a few. References can be provided on request.
Fly me a Trainer is no different from classroom training, since it consists of the same setup. The only difference is that the trainer travels instead of the participants.
Apply Now For Our Next Intake
0.00 average based on 0 ratings