Data Modeling & Relational Database Design
This Oracle Data Modeling and Relational Database Design training covers the Data Modeling and Database Development process and the models that are used at each phase of the lifecycle. Learn from expert Oracle University instructors through interactive instruction and hands-on exercisese.
y taking this course, you will develop an understanding of the data modeling and database development process, as well as the models used in each phase of the development lifecycle. You'll develop the skills to model and understand the database development lifecycle based on real life examples, while mapping the objects and engineer the logical model to a relational model.
You will also learn techniques to validate these data models. Once the Relational Design has been validated, you can create physical models to add all physical properties and finally generate a DDL to create the database objects for your database. You will also better understand how you can work as a team on developing a model using Subversion.
- Identify the types of models.
- Develop a process model (Data Flow Diagram).
- Use advanced data modeling techniques.
- Create the Physical Model, add several Physical Model objects, and generate the DDL.
- Use several real life examples to document business requirements.
- Work with design rules that can be applied to check and enforce the integrity and consistency of your designs.
- Work in a collaborative environment using Subversion.