The IST Diploma Program is a unique course that enables participants to enhance their skills in Oracle Development and Database Administration. The program ensures that the participants have sufficient time to carry out extensive project work and gain required practical experience. The result is well– rounded graduates who are popular in the IT job market.
On successful completion of the Diploma Program, candidates can apply for an internship or job at over 100 companies that use Oracle Products and services in the Eastern African region. The IST iPlacement Program has also helped to place several of our graduates in jobs and internships with our corporate clients.
In addition, the Diploma Programs content is enriched with the latest in IT technology and trends, such as the renowned Capability Maturity Model (CMM) development standards, Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (CObIT) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Which tracks of Oracle courses are there?
The program is divided into two parts, with each part taking 6 months. Below is an overview of the program contents.
Part 1: Oracle Developer (3 months Fulltime or 6 months Part–time)
At the end of this first part of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and implement relational database designs, produce system designs using E–R modeling and perform user requirements analysis
- Implement database designs and build logical database structures
- Build Web–enabled applications using SQL, PL/SQL languages and Oracle Developer tools
- Develop project plans and use MS Project to monitor project progress
- Develop application test plans and quality control measures
- Experience project management by developing own projects right from inception to implementation
- Learn to produce system documentation using documentation standards and appreciate importance.
- Use the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) development methodologies and standards for application development
The program units in this part are:
- Data Modeling & Relational Database Design: 2 weeks
- Introduction to Oracle11g: SQL: 3 weeks
- Oracle 11g PL/SQL Programming: 3 weeks
- Oracle10g Forms Developer: Build Internet Applications: 3 weeks
- Oracle10g Forms Developer: Build Reports: 3 weeks
- Oracle Programming Project: 5 weeks
- Exams (internal*): 1 week
Part 2: Oracle Database Admin (3 months Fulltime or 6 months Part–time)
At the end of this second part of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand how Networks function and manage access control and security measures
- Install and manage Oracle database systems
- Design and Implement best practices in Network and Database Management
- Create & Manage Backup and Recovery Plans, Procedures and activities
- Implement system and Database Auditing
- Install and Manage Linux Systems
- Understand User Access Control mechanisms in Oracle & Linux Networks
- Understand the basic concepts behind CObIT and ITIL
The program units in this part are:
- Introduction to Basic Networking: 3 weeks
- Oracle11g Database Administration ( DBA I): 3 weeks
- Oracle 11g Networking, Backup and recovery (Oracle DBA II) : 3 weeks
- Oracle 11g Performance Tuning: 3 weeks
- Introduction to Linux & Linux Basic Administration: 3 weeks
- Introduction to CObIT & ITIL Best Practices Guidelines and job search workshop: 1 week
- Exams (internal*): one and a half weeks
*Please note that external Oracle certified professional certification exams can be taken at any Prometric Testing Center after registration with Oracle University.
Other Exams that can be done at the end of the 1–year program include:
- Oracle Certified Associate OCA (DBA and/or Developer)
- Oracle Certified Professional OCP (DBA and/or Developer)
Who should take this course?
- Aspiring Oracle Developers and Administrators
- People who wish to change careers into the Lucrative IT Profession
- People who wish to emigrate to developed countries
What are the prerequisites?
- Basic Computing – Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the internet and email. A diploma or degree in computing is also adequate. Please speak to our Education Manager.
Other ideal prerequisites – not necessarily required
Those who have completed other certification courses such as MCITP, A+ or N+, etc will find they have a definite advantage.
When are the classes and how long will the course run for?
- Full–time 9am – 4pm
- Evening 6pm – 8pm
When will the classes start?
The next Diploma Program is scheduled to start in February 2012.
Click here to learn more about schedules, pricing and how to enroll
- ICDL 20th May 2013
- Oracle Database Administration 11g 20th May 2013
- IST Diploma Part Time 3rd June 2013
- IST Diploma Full Time 24th June 2013
- Oracle Database Administration 11g 3rd June 2013
- Oracle Developer 11g 3rd June 2013
- Red Hat Linux 6 10th June
- JAVA 3rd June 2013
- Oracle Database11g:Security Release 2 17th June 2013
- Oracle Database 11g:Implement DB Vault R2 24th June 2013
- Oracle Database 11g: RAC for Administrators R2 17th June 2013
- Oracle Database 11g: Data Guard Administration 24th June 2013